Monday, June 8, 2009

The Kickin' Pig


April: While this place is better described as a bar rather than a restaurant, it is the place that I keep coming back to over and over again. It only offers chopped pork barbecue and ribs but it is some of the best tasting pork I have had. Most times I do not even add sauce even though they also have one of the best hot sauces (vinegar based) on the table. The sides are just as good. The baked beans, barbecue slaw, and onion rings are fabulous. The hushpuppies tend to be overcooked and a little dry. Nothing that a $1.50 Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can’t take care of!

Lane: I had to describe to some friends the other day what my favorite places around Rock Hill are for barbecue and why. The Kickin’ Pig is great food, a relaxed atmosphere, and a pretty cool place to chill. The people are nice and the food is simple. The Kickin’ Pig is my default place to eat and chill out. I have not had their ribs yet but I thoroughly enjoy their chopped pork sandwiches whenever I can and as sides go the red slaw (coleslaw made with a vinegar-base) and their baked beans are amazing (I usually dislike baked beans too.)

On a side note, some of the coolest Hogs can be found parked in front of the restaurant daily.

The Kickin' Pig 1227 Cherry Road Rock Hill, SC 29732
(803) 980-2689
Distance from Home: 1.62 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment