Thursday, June 11, 2009

An email I sent to a co-worker today!

Hey Mike,
I am normally not a big fan of ‘name dropping’ but done correctly, it can open a world of great fun and good food.

The place you have to visit is the Old Post Office. My wife and I used to both work there. The proprietor and chef, Philip Bardin, is a good friend of ours and he’s really into name dropping. So go there and give them my love. I called and told them ahead of time you may be visiting. The food is a little pricy BUT it is very much worth it! You will not be disappointed! This was an online review but from where…. I don’t remember: “Causal dining restaurant that features an excellent menu of Low country specialties and regional favorites such as grits, duck, and seafood specialties. An extensive wine list complements your meal. They are open Monday through Saturday for dinner only; closed on Sundays.”

Old Post Office Restaurant
1442 Highway 174
Edisto Island, SC 29438
843-869-2339

Po-Pigs BBQ: The best BBQ in the Low Country is here. My wife and I also both worked for Robert (Bo Bo) E. Lee, the proprietor, and not only is the BBQ good but the sides alone are amazing. This is my number two pick after the Old Post Office!

Po-Pigs BBQ
2410 Hwy 174
Edisto Island, SC 29438
Phone: 843-869-9003

Main’s Market: I used to work for Larry Main at Main’s Market. He also has a nursery and landscaping business as part of the market. It’s a neat little place. I wouldn’t go dropping my name there,..........................

but he’s an all around good guy.

Main’s Market
1089 Hwy 174
Edisto Island, SC
Phone: 843-869-1337

The Sea Cow Eatery: A neat little place to eat. It’s changed hands over the years so I don’t really have any good inside info. It’s near the water though, so that’s cool.

Sea Cow Eatery
145 A Jungle Rd.
Edisto Beach, SC 29438
Phone: 843-869-3222

Check out this blog with a great appraoch to Edisto
http://mobilestudiotravels.blogspot.com/2009/02/edisto-beach-state-park-south-carolina_20.html

This is a link with reviews of these places that should be helpful:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g54215-d476134-r21798200-Main_s_Market-Edisto_Island_South_Carolina.html

Have a great time…. You may never want to come back…………..

Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment